All Saints, Ruskington
Ruskington Parish Church of All Saints dates back to Saxon Times. The Domesday Book records a church and priest in Ruskington in 1087, but the arch at the west end of the nave suggests that the present building was started about 1150. Since then every generation has made its mark on the building concluding at the Millennium when the villages provided funds for the development of the vestry, kitchen and toilet and the Millennium Stained glass window.
All Saints is fully aware of its place at the heart of the community. All are welcomed here for regular worship, for special services such as Remembrance Sunday and the Arnhem Memorial Service, to attend concerts and fairs and for those family occasions of weddings, baptisms and funerals. Children's workshops are held three times a year, the Junior Flower Club meets quarterly, and School services are held at Christmas and Easter.
Sunday School takes place during the main service. Coffee is served after the service.
Rev Canon Christine Pennock
Mr Robin Beever
Mr Stanley Thompson
Ruskington, while situated on flat fenland, has features of significant historical importance including an Anglo Saxon burial ground and Roman road within the western boundary of the village. The village is notable for its parish church called All Saints, as well as its 'beck', a stream which runs through the village including the high street. The Ruskington Beck splits the high street into High Street North, a two way road, and High Street South, a one-way service road.
The Winchelsea Centre or church hall is a popular venue for coffee mornings, suppers and the Big Breakfast which is held once a year. It is hired by the villagers for meetings and social events on a regular basis, and is used by the Parish Council for its meetings.